Modified on 5/23/2018 for GDPR Compliance.
Relevant Insights, LLC (“We” or the “Company”) is committed to providing you with an Internet experience that respects and protects your personal privacy choices.
We respect the purpose for which our site visitors give us information. We strive to comply with all national and global privacy regulations and have updated the guidelines designed to respect the privacy and preferences of our users.
Information We Collect
We only collect information that is provided with consent, or a legal basis, namely, a legitimate interest. Personal information collected by the Company may happen in the following instances:
- If you create an account –Yyour username, password, and name that you provide.
- If you contact the Company through our online contact form – Your name, phone number, and e-mail address.
- If you sign up for newsletter e-mail list – Your name, and email address.
- If you provide feedback on our website through our Hotjar form and want to receive a response – Your email
The Company may also collect aggregated or anonymized usage data that does not personally identify you but will provide us with information on site usage through Google Analytics.
If you leave a comment, the comment and its metadata are retained indefinitely. This is so we can recognize and approve any follow-up comments automatically instead of holding them in a moderation queue.
For users that register on our website (if any), we also store the personal information they provide in their user profile. All users can see, edit, or delete their personal information at any time (except they cannot change their username). Website administrators can also see and edit that information.
How We Collect Information
We may collect data you submit to us through forms or automatically collect website use information when you visit our website, by utilizing cookies. Cookies are small data files stored on your hard drive by a website to, among other things, help us improve our site and your experience. In addition, this site uses targeting cookies to count visits to our site and to see which features are popular to our users.
If you leave a comment on our site you may opt-in to saving your name, email address and website in cookies. These are for your convenience so that you do not have to fill in your details again when you leave another comment. These cookies will last for one year.
If you have an account and you log in to this site, we will set a temporary cookie to determine if your browser accepts cookies. This cookie contains no personal data and is discarded when you close your browser. When you log in, we will also set up several cookies to save your login information and your screen display choices. Login cookies last for two days, and screen options cookies last for a year. If you select “Remember Me”, your login will persist for two weeks. If you log out of your account, the login cookies will be removed.
If you edit or publish an article, an additional cookie will be saved in your browser. This cookie includes no personal data and simply indicates the post ID of the article you just edited. It expires after 1 day.
Most browsers feature an “opt out” of cookie collection, and you can choose to have your computer warn you each time a cookie is being sent, or you can choose to turn off all cookies. The methods for doing so change from browser to browser, and from version to version. You can obtain up-to-date information about blocking and deleting cookies via these links:
- https://support.google.com/chrome/answer/95647?hl=en (Chrome);
- https://support.mozilla.org/en-US/kb/enable-and-disable-cookies-website-preferences (Firefox);
- http://www.opera.com/help/tutorials/security/cookies/ (Opera);
- https://support.microsoft.com/en-gb/help/17442/windows-internet-explorer-delete-manage-cookies (Internet Explorer);
- https://support.apple.com/kb/PH21411 (Safari); and
- https://privacy.microsoft.com/en-us/windows-10-microsoft-edge-and-privacy (Edge).
- In addition, to identify Local Shared Objects on your computer and adjust your settings, visit: http://www.macromedia.com/support/documentation/en/flashplayer/help/settings_manager.html. The information we gather may include information about your Internet service provider, your operating system, browser type, domain name, Internet protocol (IP) address, your access times, the website that referred you to us, the Web pages you request, and the date and time of those requests.
If you upload images to the website, you should avoid uploading images with embedded location data (EXIF GPS) included. Visitors to the website can download and extract any location data from images on the website
How We Use Information
We use and processes information which we have either by consent, or a legal basis to process, namely a legitimate interest. The Company may use the information we gather to:
- Administer our website and business, provide our services, ensure the security of our website and services, and maintain back-ups of our databases;
- Enable and monitor your use of the website;
- Communicate with you about your account and requests for information;
- Allow us to process registrations;
- Provide you with information about content, products, and services we offer, and advertise/ market relevant content, products, or services to you;
- Allow us to better service you in responding to your customer service requests;
- Administer a contest, promotion, survey or other site feature;
- Comply with, enforce, defend, or indemnify our or any other party’s legitimate legal interest.
Personal Information Security
Company maintains appropriate physical, technical and administrative security to help prevent the loss, misuse, unauthorized access, disclosure or modification of personal information. We use strong passwords to protect all accounts containing user data.
- We use SSL certificates to protect your data.
- We use a firewall to protect incoming and outgoing data, keeping your private information safe
- We maintain updated apps, programs, and passwords, and monitor add-ons for security holes and known vulnerabilities in order to make your visit to our site as safe as possible.
While we take these steps to protect your personal information as much as we reasonably can, no system or transmission of data over the Internet or any other public network, or any storage of data, can be guaranteed to be 100% secure. If you are concerned about your user data, please contact us at privacy @ relevantinsights.com.
If there is a data breach, we will notify you by email within seven (7) days.
Rights Over Your Data
You have the following data protection rights:
- You can request access, correction, updates or deletion of your personal information.
- You can object to processing of your personal information, ask us to restrict processing of your personal information or request portability of your personal information.
- If we have collected and process your personal information with your consent, then you can withdraw your consent at any time. Withdrawing your consent will not affect the lawfulness of any processing we conducted prior to your withdrawal, nor will it affect processing of your personal information conducted in reliance on lawful processing grounds other than consent.
You may unsubscribe from our marketing communications by clicking on the “unsubscribe” link located on the bottom of our e-mails, updating your communication preferences, or by sending us email us at privacy @ relevantinsights.com or postal mail to Relevant Insights, LLC, PO BOX 2164, Euless, TX 76039. Attention: Privacy.
Users with a Survey Tool Review Center account cannot opt out of receiving transactional emails related to their account with us.
Users can opt out of interest-based advertising through:
- Twitter at https://support.twitter.com/articles/20170405
- Facebook at http://www.aboutads.info/choices/
- LinkedIn via the privacy control setting within their LinkedIn account, or,
- For all targeted interest-based advertising information, by using a tool like http://optout.aboutads.info
If you have an account on this site, or have left comments, you can request to receive an exported file of the personal data we hold about you, including any data you have provided to us. You can also request that we erase any personal data we hold about you. This does not include any data we are obliged to keep for administrative, legal, or security purposes.
Do Not Track Handling
The company doesn’t serve ads to you on our website and it doesn’t send your data to third parties for the purpose of targeting ads to you. The tracking done at the Company is to make our product work. The company doesn’t track you across the Internet. We track only your interactions within the Company network (relevantinsights.com). We honor Do Not Track browser settings. If you are browsing with DNT enabled, you can read relevantinsights.com in the logged-out state and our analytics will not receive information about you.
Personal Information Sharing
The Company is the sole owner of the information collected on this site. We do not to sell, rent, or loan our member or visitor lists to third parties.We do not disclose your personal information except in the limited circumstances described here. We may share information with any Company subsidiary or holding company, insurers, professional advisers, website hosting partners and other parties who assist us in operating our website, conducting our business, or serving our users, so long as those parties agree to keep this information confidential.
We reserve the right to use or disclose your Personal Information if required by law or if we reasonably believe that use or disclosure is necessary to protect our rights, protect ours or others’ rights, property or safety, investigate fraud, enforce our site policies, or comply with a law, court order, or legal process for the establishment, exercise, or defense of legal claims, whether in court proceedings or an administrative out-of-court procedure.
We retain the email addresses of those who send us email, who register for access to our site, and who subscribe to our email newsletters. We retain these email addresses, along with other information you provide, in our mail list services, including MailChimp. We do not disclose these email addresses to third parties by “list sharing” or selling your information.
We sometimes work with third parties to analyze user’s preferences, provide content, products, or services of interest to that user, or to collect data for conversion tracking (that is, what actions you take after you click on a content link). Third Party Services used on this website include: Google Analytics, Hotjar, Woopra, Gravatar.
We use anonymous aggregated data about our customers or users to allow us to determine site metrics. We use Google Analytics cookies to compile data regarding user interactions with our website.
Visitor comments may be checked through an automated spam detection service.
We may update this policy from time to time by publishing a new version on our website. You should check this page occasionally to ensure you are happy with any changes to this policy. We may notify you of significant changes to this policy by email.
Contact, Questions, and Feedback
Relevant Insights, LLC
PO Box 2164
Euless, TX 76039